We Believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves as Christians. (http://www.gracecalvarychapel.org/we-believe.html)
- We Believe worship of God should be Spiritual.
Therefore We remain flexible and yielded to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We Believe worship of God should be Inspirational.
Therefore We give a great place to music in our worship.
- We Believe worship of God should be Intelligent.
Therefore Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped.
- We Believe worship of God is Fruitful.
Therefore We look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshiping Him
Welcome to Grace Calvary Chapel . If you have visited recently, we want to extend a heartfelt welcome. If you are looking at our web site, we would love to have the opportunity to meet you face to face at one of our weekly services or Grace groups. (http://www.gracecalvarychapel.org/new-to-grace.html)
A couple of noteworthy facts: We emphasize God’s Word by teaching verse by verse through the bible, we enjoy contemporary music in our worship, and we encourage intimate fellowship through small group settings.
Grace Calvary Chapel is affiliated with Calvary Chapel Association & Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. Our desire is to provide you with answers to the most commonly asked questions. In that attempt, we have listed links below that will direct you to those answers.
Calvary Chapel churches are independent of one another, and thus do not comprise a denomination. Some Calvary Chapels do not even bear the name of Calvary Chapel, but all are connected by distinctive principles for ministry and emphasis on the clear, systematic teaching of the Word of God.
Service Times; Sunday 8:30am and 11:00am.
(Nursery for Infants and Classes through Fifth Grade during both services.)
Wednesday Bible Study; 7:30pm (Childcare is available)
Senior Pastor Joe Marquez
Location: 9107 Marbach Rd. Ste. 225
San Antonio, TX 78245
Church Phone: (210) 675-2120 (http://www.gracecalvarychapel.org/service-times.html)
- God is real, He’s the one Who created all things (Genesis 1:1)
- Jesus is God, The bible declares that Jesus is the Creator of the Universe (John 1:1)
- Jesus is the only way to heaven, Jesus said that; “No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)
- Jesus Christ died on a cross for your sins and resurrected from the dead (Matthew 28:6)
Repent (means to change)
- Change your thinking about God (Accept God as how the Bible reveals Him.)
- Change your thinking about your life apart from God. (Understand that you need to live your life following Jesus Christ)
- Change your thinking about sin, (Realize that you've sinned, that sin is destructive and is against God and be willing to stop.)
- Change your direction in life from following your ways to following God’s ways. (Make a U turn in your life.)
- Received Jesus Christ's death on the cross as payment for your sin (Romans 5:8-9)
- Receive God’s gift of eternal life (John 1:12-13, Romans 6:23)
- Receive Jesus as your Lord and place Him in charge of your life. (Matthew 7:21)
- Receive the love relationship that God desires to have with you (Revelation 3:20)
Rejoice (If you've received Jesus Christ into your life)
- That your sins have been forgiven.
- That you have crossed over from death to life.
- That you have just entered into the greatest relationship.
- That you now have God's Spirit dwelling within you.
- That you now have eteranl life and will never perish.
- That no one can snatch you out of God's hand.
- That with Jesus the best is yet to come.
- Praise the Lord!
PASTOR JOE MARQUEZ GAVE HIS LIFE TO THE LORD ON AUGUST 20TH,1987. HE BEGAN TO SERVE AT CALVARY CHAPEL ALBUQUERQUE WITH PASTOR SKIP HEITZIG. JOE STARTED SERVING BY SETTING UP CHAIRS. HE WAS BROUGHT ON STAFF AND LED THE CHILDREN'S MINISTRY AT CC ABQ. HE LEFT ALBUQUERQUE IN 1997 AND BEGAN HIS JOURNEY TO PLANT A CHURCH.THE LORD PLACED SAN ANTONIO,TEXAS ON HIS HEART. PASTOR JOE WATCHED GRACE CALVARY CHAPEL GROW FROM A HOME MINISTRY TO A CHURCH. PASTOR JOE HAS SEEN FORMER LEADERS OF GCC GO ON TO PLANT CHURCHES IN MEXICO, RUSSIA, TEXAS AND THE COUNTRY OF GEORGIA. ONE MAN'S OBEDIENCE TO THE LORD HAS IMPACTED SO MANY PEOPLE. ALL BY GOD'S HAND. ALL FOR GOD'S GLORY. (http://www.gracecalvarychapel.org/meet-pastor-joe-marquez.html)
Looking for fellowship?
Due to the widespread need for fellowship with like-minded believers, we are compiling a worldwide list of sound churches and Christian groups. Check out the entries below to see if there are any near to you!
Please add the details of those you're aware of.
The rules for submissions are - The church / home group MUST teach sound doctrine. We are aware that no fellowship is perfect, but abiding by the key principles of the Christian faith is absolutely necessary. Please do NOT add any cults or sects where the political / ecumenical / N.A.R. agenda is present.
If you attend a listing and find any of these issues, please contact us to remove it.
Thanks, and we hope you benefit from this feature.